Syncronize your Developer and UI/UX Designer

Maret 27, 2018

This is resume from seminar I followed yesterday. Thanks for Figurative Co-Founder who shared their knowledge to us. Maybe I will write resume of seminar I followed for sharing knowledge I had. Yesterday I followed

Syncronize your Developer and UI/UX Designer

Cluster Fuck

I don't mean to say something bad. I only sharing knowledge. I swear.

Well there is 3 Clusterfuck in our bussiness.

Illusion

The decission maker's belief that a goal is much easier to attain then it actually is.
Usually decission maker is Product Owner or Hustler in startup. They is very fuck if they accept everything from customer candidate. He start meeting and said like it easy to do.
Decision Maker : Arghh, it easy right. You designing (UI/UX) , you translate my bussiness flow data(backend) and you implementing the design (frontend). I need it for 1 month. We can do it!.


Impatience

A merged idea alone doesn't produce the best. We need champion idea which we need urgently.
Decision Maker : (I have great idea. how if we put bla bla bla . . ., and feature bla bla bla . . .)

I better put them in storyboard to choice which bussiness urgent and difficult.


Incompetence

When errors of information and timing meet stupid decision by people who should know the problem.





Usual Problem

Designer : I spend 1 month to design this 5 diff design.
Developer : Wtf, I cannot do this. Your design is too fantasy.

those role has usual conflict where Designer design too Artistic and Developer don't have skill to implement that design. So which is rigth? Developer understanding UI/UX Designer or UI/UX Designer understanding Developer?

The answer is UI/UX Designer should undestranding Developer. As Designer you should know basic knowledge of programming like what template css they use or is that animation is enable or not. Usually Developer folowing materialize.io


Some Quotes from Steve Jobs



Designer A : My design is better than Designer B with great color, shape and animation? Why he don't choice me?

Here is crucial quote for you every designer and answer of designer who think like above. Design is not only art, so don't make it like shit with unbelievable animation or shape. Design is how it works. so if you have great looking but It don't work as it must, it fail. Here are some video for you imagine how design should worked. 



This is scene from The Founder Film (2016). The Founder is film which showing how McDonald born.

Flow of UI/UX Desinger to Developer



  • UX Designer/Researcher finishing their bussiness process with System Analyst give it to Backend
  • Backend implementing bussiness process to data diagram flow and UI begin designing better interface
  • at least, Frontend have every material (Web Service and UI Design) they need for developing.

Some company using Design Sprint to get bussiness process faster but speakers in seminar said if he don't like that because only company employee who joined that sprint and the target is not your company's employee.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Like us on Facebook